We got some tentative good news yesterday. After checking in with my congressman's office and receiving no news, I decided to contact the NBC myself to check in. I sent an email to a lady there who I've tried to center my correspondence with, and got a reply back that our file had been indeed transferred to an officer. She said she would have that person contact me, which they did on the same day. They said that we had been approved on October 13, and we should expect a letter within two weeks. I inquired further to make sure they had put the wording for special needs in (which they had left out on the last renewal) and they had. I later talked with our agency, and we're trying now to see if the NBC will fax it directly to the agency so that they can get the ball rolling on consulate appointments and other final confirmations on travel. So, the chances are greatly increasing that we will travel in November, contingent on the speed of the I171H's delivery and consulate appointment availability. Traveling in November has several advantages for us: cheaper travel, not interfering with major Christmas productions, and most importantly having our little girl HOME for Christmas. The only disadvantage for us is that we will have to borrow more money, since decisions won't be made that quickly on any grants we would be eligible for and other financial factors. Stay tuned. We still won't breathe a full sigh of relief until that paper is in our hands or our agency confirms they have the I-171H and that it has the proper language and approvals in it.
Thanks to those of you who have bought something from our Thirty-One Gifts Fundraiser or gave us gifts directly. There are just a few days left in this special sale, so if you're interested, please see our earlier post.
No comments:
Post a Comment