This weekend was a great one. Saturday the little guy and I started it out with Free Comic Book Day in Salisbury, and later the rest of the family went picking strawberries at a nearby farm. That night, I made my first ever strawberry pie. I haven't tried it yet, but there's a missing piece where Sharon did, so I'm waiting to hear the verdict. This morning, for Mother's Day, Ginny participated in her first ever preschool choir performance, and despite what we thought she'd end up doing (crying, leaving the stage, wandering around, waving or calling out our names), she actually made a valiant attempt at singing and dancing along with the music, and was well-behaved. And finally this afternoon, we met my mom and dad in Shelby for dinner at a nice Japanese restaurant and ice cream afterwards. Sharon's mom is in the hospital and she got to visit her there over the weekend a few times, which made Mother's Day a bit different, but for our first Mother's Day weekend with Ginny, it was a good one.
No comments:
Post a Comment