Saturday, December 22, 2007

"Aside" not "Inside"

We spent the day with Sharon's family in Salisbury exchanging gifts and playing games, and generally having some holiday merriment. It was a good day! Nathan got two new Transformers today that he was anxious to open when he got home. So, I made a deal. The deal was: I'll let you open them and take them to bed, if when you get home you agree to go straight to bed! And pretty much he played by those rules. So, after pajamas were put on, we read Rudolph, and for the first time, "The Night Before Christmas." All was going very well until we got to the part which says "and laying a finger aside of his nose." I must confess, I giggled because I nearly misread "aside" as "inside," or at the very least had the juvenille thought go through my mind. Nathan looked up at me quickly and caught on very fast. He laughed too, and then slowly tried to put his finger up "inside" his nose, laughing while doing it. The rest of the tale was spent giggling and playing this little game. Also, Nathan also tried to emulate the belly jiggling like a bowl full of jelly too - very cute.

No comments: