Unfortunatley, Nathan hasen't got really excited about reading Bible stories at this stage in the saga of bedtime reading. However, I convinced him to allow me to read "The Christmas Story" (Thomas Nelson Publishers version - It may be out of print, but you can click here and visit Amazon to find out about the book). I hadn't read this particular book before, but it was really a good retelling of the story (although the illustrations were so-so.) The reading level was probably aimed a little more toward younger elementary, but Nathan seemed to enjoy it (or at least endure it for his dad). The highlight of the night was when I read that King Herod wanted to kill baby Jesus, to which Nathan exclaimed "Oh, that's not good!!!" All it takes is the threat of violence to really perk up a story for a young boy. Sad, but funny.
Incidentally, while I was writing this, Nathan (who's supposed to be in bed) came in and told Sharon and myself we were making too much noise). I'm not sure how sitting in a quiet room typing is "too much noise", but I'll try to keep it down. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment