Much quicker than I expected it, we received an email from our agency today that we had received our "Pre-Approval" or "PA" from China. This is a document that simply indicates China is aware of our intent to adopt this specific child, and that they will begin the process of getting things in order towards that end. I actually didn't expect this to come so soon, but thrilled that it did!
The next document we'll be waiting for is called the "Letter Seeking Confirmation" or "LSC". This is a letter I'm told that basically asks in a Regis-like way "Is that your final answer?" Basically it's confirming our desire to proceed. Our agency says that it has been taking between 30-100 days from this point to receive this for other families. Again, because our paperwork is in order, we don't feel it will take that full time, but knowing our luck, we'll be the first for it to take 200 days. Yeah, I know I can be a pessimist sometimes.
Meanwhile, we've been going crazy on the grant front. I'm almost finished with my third grant application, and should have everything I need to send these three off by the first of next week. Those of you that pray, I'd ask you to concentrate some prayers towards this process for us right now, specifically that we may be blessed with being a recipient for some of these funds. Still, we know God will provide as He always has.
1 comment:
Congrats on your next step. I can't wiat till you are aloud to show pics. This is so exciting for you guys. Here hopeing you LOI is just as speedy.
Danielle
Post a Comment