Us with our guide Michelle in the lobby of our hotel minutes before we left to go get Ginny
Today was the big day, and we had our first surprise. No orphage visit. Boo. :( We were literally in the car on the way there, and the orphanage called and said they had an event scheduled there and it was too crowded for us to visit. So, we met reps from the orhanage at a hotel and conference center where they have some auxillary offices set up. On the way there, we stopped and changed out our money, which after some of the horror stories on how long it took and how picky some tellers are about the money, we were pleasantly surprised that the exhchange was very pleasant and quick. After arriving, we actually caught a glimpse of Ginny by accident. Our guide took us into the wrong room where she was and not the conference room we were supposed to be in. When we made it to the correct room, we filled out some paperwork, and witnessed another couple seeing their child for the first time. Neat moment. Then it was our turn. I was actually buried in paperwork, and I looked up and they had brought her in. We happened to have a cookie from the airplane, and offered it to her. She devoured it quickly, and wanted more. She liked the toys we had that made sounds, but the stuffed things didn't mpress her too much. We got back to the hotel after a quick trip to a Wal-Martish type store, and have been here most of the afternoon. We have discovered lots of things in just a few hours. She has a smile that sceams mischief. Its not a cutesy smile, but a "I'm up to something" type smile.
She looks like a baby, but is 100% toddler in her behavior. She has facial expression.
She likes to eat. Anything you give her.
She has a good throwing arm. I mean fastball-level. Seriously.
She is extremely tickleish.
She has this sort of horading/organizational thing going on: Not long after arriving, she took all of the things that belonged to her (and some that didn't) and neatly put them in a pile. Perhaps they had some sort of cleaning up ritual in her class.
She has more hair now.
She is fascinated with Nathan.
She doesn't talk, but she has a happy squeal and one for "I'm not giving that to you"
Thanks for all of the prayers from back home. They have been felt, and these first few hours have went very well.
 |
| With Daddy and Peek-a-blocks. |
 |
| Have a coke and a smile..... (or just an empty bottle) |
|
4 comments:
Beautiful, beautiful! Congratulations. Praying that the bonding will continue to go well.
What an adorable little girl! So glad to know she did cry like Karys did. She looks like a happy little girl. I could not go to sleep last night so I was praying for you all and also to try to go to sleep since I would be so tired today. Guess God had me awake for a reason. :-)
Congratulations. It sounds like everyone is bonding nicely. So happy for you!
Oh by the way I haven't said but I like the name Ginny! what an adventure that you end with a wonderful blessing!
Post a Comment