Tuesday, December 28, 2010

White Christmas

During the day on Christmas, we got a nice surprise - snow, and I don't mean just a flurry.  By the end of the evening, we had a few inches on the ground, making it officially a white Christmas.  From what I've heard, this part of NC hasn't seen that in over 40 years.  So, not only was this a special Christmas because of Ginny, but this was icing on the cake.  By the day after Christmas, we had about 4-6 inches here.  So, we went over to the Henderson's neighborhood for some sledding, since we have no good sledding hills in ours.  We had a blast.  Ginny loved it as well too, and it seems she's a bit of a daredevil, always wanting to go down again just as soon as the sled was brought back up the hill.  Not sure if she saw much snow in Shanghai (I'm thinking not), so I'm sure this was an interesting experience for her.  

Nathan enjoying the first flakes with neighbor Bonnie

All bundled up

Practice run around the driveway

First snow angel (sort of)

Nathan on the boogie board

Ginny and Dad taking a turn

No comments: